We are in a fast paced modern world, where the more ‘stuff’, more ‘things’ we surround ourselves with, the more we tend to feel a comfort, security or need, desire to accumulate more. However, the mere perception that to posses all these material objects, gives us a long lasting bliss and sense of security is an illusion.
The word ‘minimalism’ is nowadays not just an ancient teaching from Zen monks in the mountains, meditating, it’s becoming more of a ‘lifestyle’ a way of life, to many of us in our modern day world. There are huge benefits to attaining a ‘more is less’ mindset and lifestyle.
Less clutter in our lives, makes things more manageable, really, you agree?
Here I share with you the top 10 tips on the benefits of potentially considering more (ironically) minimalism in your every day life:
- Less objects to manage and move about in your home, your daily hand bags included
- Makes traveling far more easier, travel light, try it out!
- Creating more ‘space’ in your life, clears the mind, focus
- Clearing the old, pass it on, or recycle your objects, very therapeutic
- Clothing and wardrobe, if not worn in ages, years, pass it on, recycle, you shall feel ‘lighter’ for it
- Bring nature back into your home, replace green leafy plants instead of lots of unused furniture
- Easier to manage for dusting, cleaning your home environment, office space included
- Adds a freshness and openness to an environment less cluttered
- Letting go of old things, you no longer need, letting go of the past, to move forwards
- Less is More, it is about quality not quantity, right?
If you can relate to one or two of these top 10 points, then perhaps you can give it a go, minimalism has many benefits and has a positive impact on our health & wellbeing. Including contributing towards a more environmental awareness, by recycling our things, not longer in use.
The Art of Minimalism, can be that easy to do!
– words written by Colleen, Lifestyle Coaching
To view our Lifestyle Blog on Healthy Plant Based, Vegan Recipes and further info see: